Saturday, August 11, 2007

8/11/07 - The last update before the walk...

Jodi’s Final 3-Day Update before the walk:

I cannot believe I am typing this... Did summer go quicker this year? Time has flown and believe it or not the walk starts this up-coming Friday!!! I am excited, nervous, determined, and thankful. What an awesome opportunity this has been for me. I really feel like I am bigger than just my walking team; I am part of a movement, a cause, and a network of friends and families. Thank you all for supporting me all summer and watching me grow, struggle, and overcome. This has been quite a journey.

Here are some updates for you:
In early July I met the goal of $2,200. And as you know, I set a new goal for myself at $3,000... I am just in awe that I am a mere $30 away from hitting that. Isn't that amazing??. When this all started back in April $2,200 looked impossible. But I prayed and He delivered through you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

My teammate Dina figured out something truly awesome: By the time the walk ends on Sunday next week, we will have walked over 500 miles since we started training in April. That is almost like walking from here to Virginia Beach!!!!

They have released the route!! They do discourage you from driving along the route with us for safety reasons but they have provided the following safe Cheering Stations. These are great spots to show your support along the route:

Day One – Friday, August 17

Mile Marker 11.010:45 am – 2:30 pmJohn Carroll University20700 North Park BlvdUniversity Heights, OH 44118(Public parking near "John Carroll" sign at the front of the University. Spectators can cheer on the grass next to the sidewalk that is adjacent to the University.)

Mile Marker 17.312:15 pm – 5:30 pmRichmond Town Square (empty lot near Sears parking lot)691 Richmond Rd.Richmond Heights, OH 44143

Day Two – Saturday, August 18
Mile Marker 5.78:00 am – 11:15 amRegina High School1857 S. Green Rd.South Euclid, OH 44121

Mile Marker 11.09:00 am – 2:15 pmMaltz Museum2929 Richmond Rd.Beachwood, OH 44122(Nancy Brinker's art collection is on display at this museum.)

Day Three – Sunday, August 19
Mile Marker 6.08:15 am – 10:45 amThe Park Synagogue 3300 Mayfield Rd.Cleveland Heights, OH 44118(Large parking lot between Taylor and Lee - not the parking lot next to the Enterprise)

Mile Marker 13.010:30 am – 2:30 pmCleveland Lakefront State Park, East 55th St. Marina555 East Memorial ShorewayCleveland, OH 44108

Seeing familiar faces at the cheering stations can provide that extra burst of energy to not only my team but all of the participants! And I think this is a great activity for kids. They can learn about an important cause and have fun! Create banners, hold up signs, bring some music, and make some noise – anything to make us smile, get energized, and keep walking!!

Once again, the Closing Ceremonies are Sunday, August 19 at 4:30 pm at Mall B (Lakeside Avenue between East 6th Street and Ontario Street) in downtown Cleveland. We should be at the participant holding area relatively early and can exit the holding area and meet you at the Spectator Café (near the stage). But at 3:30 we (the walkers) do need to begin lining up for final victory walk. Bring chairs and food/drink!! While you wait for the ceremony to begin look for the area in the "cafe" where you can sign the tribute banner and watch a slideshow of photos from the weekend!

Once again, thank all of you for your support. For the most up-to-date supporter information, check out the Cleveland Supporter webpage.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."... Matthew 19:26

Jodi Hetman
http://www.the3day.org/cleveland07/jhetman

No comments: