Tuesday, June 12, 2007

6/9/07 - 12 Miles

LM and I did it!!! Our longest walk yet - 12 miles on Saturday, June 9th. Today was also the first time we walked with bags / water on our persons. We need to start getting used to carrying something so that we have a change of socks and water with us during the August 17-19th event.

We walked the Ohio Erie Canal Towpath, heading south toward Peninsula. If you've not been to the towpath, you HAVE to check it out!

http://www.ohioanderiecanalway.com/Explore/Hike.aspx

The best part is all of the animals you'll see! Cranes, turtles, frogs, amazing spider webs, and even the bald eagles if you're lucky!

My blisters are doing pretty good. My heel is scabbed and that is painful but I am walking "through the pain." DS has shin splints; I think the training is catching up on all of us. But we all agree - better to happen now and get them worked out then have them pop up on day one of the walk.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for checking in on me!

No comments: