Sunday, May 27, 2007

5/26/07 - No new blisters


LM, DS, and I walked 2.5 hours this morning. I think we fell just shy of our 10 mile goal but I am very proud of us regardless. This was definitely the most humid that it's been so far during training. And guess what? The good news is that I DON'T HAVE ANY NEW BLISTERS! Yea me! An accomplishment for sure!

Above are updates of the worst blisters I have had so far. #1 has definitely calloused over but now the dead skin is peeling. Sorry... probably should post warnings when things get gross, huh? Blister #3 really needs to pop but for those of you who know me well, you know that will have to happen naturally.

12 weeks remain until the walk. To date I have raised $1435.00... over half way to my goal. If you are reading this and don't know what I am referring to, it's the Cleveland 3-Day walk for Breast Cancer in August... check out their website for more information: http://the3day.org/. For those of you reading this who already know about it - thanks for your continued support and interest.

Many of you have asked me about the trail. This is from the 3 day website:

"Please note that the exact route is still being finalized and subject to change. Developing the ideal course that will provide for a safe and scenic weekend is a long process, involving the cooperation of many jurisdictions."

I will keep you posted on the route and where the closing ceremonies will take place. I hope to see you all there!!

No comments: