Tuesday, July 3, 2007

7/4/07 - Three Day Update from June 28th



Jodi’s June 3-Day Update:
- - This email is being sent to many friends and family members - -

The countdown in on – just over 7 weeks remain until the August 17-19 Cleveland 3-Day walk for Breast Cancer.

Just as a reminder, I am participating in this walk with two other women, my friends Dina and Loretta. The idea appealed to us because each day during our lunch break we walked together for 4 miles. On a good week we all got 20 miles in. On a normal week it was usually 12 to 16 miles.

Up until two weeks ago, we were walking approximately 30 miles a week. On Saturday we do a long walk of 10-15 miles. We have started to train with our water bottles, sunscreen, and fanny packs. Yes, I know. “Cool” doesn’t even begin to describe us.

As some of you know, I am unfortunately on a two-week break from training by doctor’s orders. I let my blisters get the best of me and so I am temporarily held back. But I promise you this is only a minor setback and that I will soon be back on the trail representing Women, Breast Cancer, and each one of you!

Here are some updates for you:
Shortfall to goal – only $250!!! Thanks to all of you I am almost there! I cannot believe it!! God is so good; He has given me not just a team of three walkers… but a team of over 35 people. You are all special and a part of this now! I am so excited to see how much we can raise as a team. I know I am not stopping until my shoes hit the pavement on Augist 17th!

If you have thought about donating but haven't had the chance I would like to encourage you to do so today. Help the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world! You can donate online (web address below) or send me a check made out to Breast Cancer 3-Day.

http://www.the3day.org/cleveland07/jhetman


The locations of the opening and closing ceremonies have been released! They are:
Opening Ceremonies: Friday, August 17, 2007Thistledown Race Track21501 Emery RoadNorth Randall, OH 44128
Walkers are to arrive by 6:00 am, ceremony starts at 6:30 am

Closing Ceremonies: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 4:30 pm
Mall BLakeside Avenue between East 6th Street and Ontario StreetCleveland, OH 44114

I doubt many of you will want to see me off at 6:30 but I do encourage each one of you to come to the Closing Ceremony on August 19th. It is said to be an emotional afternoon that will never be forgotten! If you need directions, let me know!!

I am also selling Team Shirts and 2” buttons with our team name and tagline on it. These are $20 and $2.00 respectively. I am hoping it will be a great way for everyone to recognize whom you’re supporting at the closing ceremony. Just imagine if we get a crowd of 20 people waiting for us at the “finish line,” all wearing our team name!



If you are interested in either one, please email me by July 23rd. If you are ordering a shirt, please indicate what size you would like.

Besides attending the Closing Ceremony you can also be a Sideline Supporter! As soon as they release the trail for the three days, I will email it to you. If you have time on Friday or Saturday, pick a spot and just cheer the walkers on. Music, bowls of candy, bubbles – all of these are great items to have on hand to perk up the walkers. Just when they think they can’t take another step, they see someone like you encouraging them on! There is no organized method to signing up for this – just pick a time, grab some friends or your kids, and come on out!

Once again, thank you for your support. Remember: this is not just my journey, it is ours.

Through Him all things are possible!
Jodi Hetman

No comments: